10 May 2012

White


CREAM JUMPER: TOPSHOP | WHITE/IVORY SKATER DRESS: ASOS | SHOES: CONVERSE via OFFICE

Floaty dress + lots of wind = trying (and miserably failing) to look as elegant and flirtatious as Marilyn Monroe did.  Just a simple outfit for a pretty simple day (I only had an hour and a half at college, brag brag brag).  The light colours of the outfit with the black tights isn't a combination I wear very often, but is definitely an interesting one.  These are the type of things which I wear when I want the sunshine and the summer temperatures (come on, it IS the middle of May, after all) but simply can't have them, so I have to throw on a big chunky knit and a pair of tights.  What's a girl to do?
This is my dress, which am wearing as more of a skirt today, which I bought in the ASOS sale a few weeks ago.  I also received a package off them yesterday morning so that will hopefully feature on the bloggy woggy once the rain stops.  The jumper I've had for a while and I have it on a looooot of the time.  I can't resist it's comfy softness.  I did pay at least forty pounds for it though so I have still got to wear it all the time for another year or so until it becomes worth it.
I'm in the process of applying for accommodation at Manchester University which is where I will hopefully be going this September.  It's quite to scary to think that this time in a few months I could be living in a completely different place and studying in a completely different environment, especially when I still rely on my mum for pretty much everything other than making my bed... Quite a few bloggers who I follow are just finishing university, which seems to be a very stressful time what with deadlines and what not.  It's exciting too, though.  I am itching, ITCHING, to get stuck into the wonderful world of fashion.  Fingers crossed.
post signature

6 comments:

  1. I'm in love with your jumper, you look so nice!

    www.biancaallegra.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look just as glamorous as Marilyn! Good luck with university...I'm applying for it this year too it's so exciting isn't it!

    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Definitely a big compliment, haha!
      Yeah totally, good luck to you too!

      Delete
  3. loving your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new format of outfit posts, with the outfit off before on :) Slight improvement on an already great blog

    ReplyDelete