30 November 2012

Tap on my window, knock on my door...


Oversized poppy floral tee & black patent loafers: TOPSHOP | Gold chunky necklace: ASOS |
Black organza skirt: H&M |

I've previously worn this tee as a dress with some tights and then just walked out of the door, but because it is shaped like a t-shirt it's extremely versatile and you can easily tuck it into a skirt.  Now I bought this skirt a couple of weeks ago, and in my opinion the organza material is just asking to be teamed with the bright, colourful print of this top.  If you didn't purchase one of these tees for yourself when they were in stock, are you crazyyy?  I grabbed it for like twenty odd quid, and I will wear it throughout the year.  Your loss, man.  However, this amazing skirt is still in stock, and even better, it's only fifteen pounds.  It's much better than a plain black skirt, so I urge you to at least go and try it on, because you will love it.
I decided to wear my loafers again which kept the outfit feminine and simple.  I don't know if I'll be able to wear them again any time soon though as it has gotten so cold recently and it's got to the point where even if I do wear my Converse, my feet are bloody freezing.  It's really made me lust after these amazing foot duvets from John Lewis, how great would they be?  I've actually just bought them after typing that question, my feet are still freezing despite the fact that I've been wrapped up for the past few hours.  Don't worry, dear feet.  <3
So that purchase marks the end of my Christmas present buys.  Mum's just given me the money this year to get what I want, rather than me telling her what I want and then for her to buy them... It's just easier this way, man.  So I've bought them all now and will be opening some lovely things on Christmas day (which I just happen to know I am going to LOVE.).
So I went to the Daisystreet blogger's party last night in Manchester and really enjoyed myself!  I mainly chatted with Abi and Robyn who were both so lovely,  There were also some of the 'bigger' bloggers there (such as Kavita and Heather) who kinda' stuck to their own group so I was too scared to approach them... but I had a really nice time and a damn good cupcake.
I'm now back home since this morning.  I went to see 'The Great Expectations' this afternoon with my mother after some lunch.  I didn't know anything about it but it's been raved about in various magazines all year, so I thought I'd give it a go.  It was pretty good, and Helena Bonham Carter is such an admirable actress, there were just some bits I didn't really get... But oh well!
post signature

9 comments:

  1. Im in love with this outfit! The skirt is so gorgeous! I really want to see great expectations, despite the face they do a remake every year I'd see it just for Helena Bonham Carter she's amazing!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this skirt! saw it the other day and thought of all the ways I could wear it - think you could definitely dress it up as well! And would look great at christmas :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit here! I have a brightly coloured floral top, usually only comes out in summer but think i might wear it now ive seen this :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the organza skirt! So gorgeous. The bright top pops and I love it.

    Ava Tallulah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those foot duvets are amazing!

    I love how you're wearing this tee dress as a top, I really do love the print and it looks so great with your blonde hair!

    I definitely recommend the book 'Great Expectations'. I haven't seen the film, I'm still trying to decide if I want to see it after enjoying the book so much.

    Bemsy x
    http://redheadtalkin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, aren't they?!
      Thank you.
      And yeah I wondered if I might have been better off reading it first, maybe I'll give it a try some time!

      Delete
  6. Those foot duvets are amazing!

    I love how you're wearing this tee dress as a top, I really do love the print and it looks so great with your blonde hair!

    I definitely recommend the book 'Great Expectations'. I haven't seen the film, I'm still trying to decide if I want to see it after enjoying the book so much.

    Bemsy x
    http://redheadtalkin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that top! I bet it would look amazing as a dress as well,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! The pattern on your t-shirt is amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete