17 November 2012

Baroque


Baroque print t-shirt & gold chunky chain necklace: ASOS | Black organza skater skirt: H&M |
Blue pom pom hat: TOPSHOP | Shoes: CONVERSE

A couple of cheeky new purchases, oops!  Both of these broke my spending ban.  Which means I have now broken my spending ban three times.  In a matter of days.  I really am sticking to it now though, promise...
In my defense, how the heck does one say no to ASOS, with its beautiful clothes and free delivery, when they were having twenty five percent off for students?  I'm sure I won't be the only one who caved in and took advantage of that offer.  I mean, that's the biggest discount I've seen a retailer do without their items being on sale, so I ended up getting this tee for £13.50.  Bargain.  To make it even more justifiable, I wanted this when it was full price and added it to my wishlist some months ago, so there.  I like it because baroque is a huge trend this season, and is famous for its glam, overstated embellishments.  But this t-shirt goes the other way with it completely, with its casual colours and oversized shape.  Definitely no embellishments here.  This piece is definitely a subtle nod to the trend, and is much more appropiate for daytime wear, which makes it perfect for me.  I can't wait to pair it with a pair of coloured skinnies and a huge, statement necklace.
This time, though, I teamed it with this skirt.  I experienced love at first sight with this (yep, now you know it's real) when I was browsing online.  I do go in H&M quite a bit but I don't tend to find much, I think it's the fact that a lot of the store is organised by colour which puts me off a bit, when shopping I much prefer items to be mixed together.  However I did spot this online, about half an hour after declaring for the second time I was starting my spending ban, and just thought 'Oh damn it'.  I went into store the next day and started my search, half hoping to not find it, but I did, so I half hoped it wouldn't be in my size, which it was.  The only one left in my size, in fact.  So I took it as a sign and rushed to the counter.  Thankfully it didn't damage the bank too much as it's under fifteen pounds.  Bargain with a capital 'B'.  I think it's unique thanks to its layer of organza, and even though it's black you can still wear it with other black things as it would be quite easy to mix and match different textures with it.
I'm now back home for the weekend.  I went for an interview yesterday morning, my first one after about thirty job applications in the last few months, but I didn't even get it.  I really thought I was in with a chance as the interview went very well, but I just have to remind myself to keep my chin up because it obviously wasn't meant to be.  So if anyone is looking for someone to take shopping and spend lots of money on, I'm free baby.
I went to see 'Breaking Dawn part 2' last night with my mum, and WOW.  Amazing film, and one of the best fight scenes ever at the end.  I loved how it was different to the book in some parts, too.  Amazing, and it had everyone in the cinema gasping.  Also, I'm now one hundred percent convinced that Kristen Stewart is one of the most beautiful people alive.  Ah, it's the end of an era, but what a great ending it was.
Have you seen it? 
post signature

8 comments:

  1. Love everything about this outfit, cute skirt, even cuter tshirt, fab necklace and amazing hat, go you X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely took advantage of the ASOS 25% off... argh. And my card details are saved so didn't even have to get off the sofa to buy anything. Dangerous.

    Love this top though! Looks great with the necklace.

    Elise x

    http://www.letterfromelise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://theredviolet.blogspot.com/

    Woow, wonderful post!

    Let us know what you think about our blog:
    http://theredviolet.blogspot.com/

    What about following each other?

    Have a nice evening! Kiss, Selina & Olivia, The RedViolet

    http://theredviolet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!!

    http://fiftysixfreckles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your outfit, especially the chain necklace!

    theistyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this whole outfit! Been eyeing up that top for a while and the skirt is gorgeous, love how you've styled it with the beanie (can't go wrong in winter!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This tshirt is fab Demi! And I love it with the skirt. The way you style a bit of girly with cool is amazing.. I get pretty jealous. I wanna pull it all off together! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! That's a really lovely comment.

      Delete