13 March 2012

Under the sea


1. MISS SELFRIDGE £37 | 2. ASOS £65 | 3. TOPSHOP £22 | 4. MARY KATRANTZOU SCARF £340 | 5. TOPSHOP £25 | 5. ZARA £39.99 | 
7. ZARA £29.99 | 8. TOPSHOP £40


J'adore this trend!  As a proud piscean(?) and water being my star sign's element, I am excited to try this, especially after seeing Chanel's S/S 12 show in which Mr Lagerfeld turned the models into some kind of beautiful sea creatures, with pearls pinned into their hair and stuck on different parts of their bodies/faces (not something I'll be trying anytime soon... but I loved the idea!).  Several other designers dived into the blue for their S/S 12 collections including Versace and Alexander McQueen, all resulting in a trend that is unique and magical.
The first things that come to my mind when approaching this trend are shimmery textures like sequins and metallics, the pieces from Zara are perfect with their fish scale look.
For a subtle take on this trend, simply choose pieces in watery shades.  I love this sheer maxi skirt, I would even attempt to go all out and team it with the embellished crop top from Topshop.
post signature

3 comments:

  1. I want the sheer miss selfridge skirt!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing things..i like the colors...so fresh!!
    i'm new reader and i like your blog!follow each other? 8)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh i lvoe the pastel blue colour! x

    ReplyDelete