5 March 2012

London calling








OXFORD STREET


BOND STREET:








HYDE PARK





BIG BEN


LONDON EYE





I have had the most perfect weekend, and thank you to those of you who left a 'happy birthday' comment!  Going to London is something which I have always wanted to do, and my eighteenth seemed to be an appropriate time.  We stayed in the Hilton Hotel in Canary Wharf, which was lovely.  We spent the first day shopping at Westfield shopping centre which was huge and amazing, and then did more shopping on Oxford Street the next day.  No shopping took place on Bond Street (I didn't even dare walk into one of the shops) but even walking by all of the designer names was like being in another world, and Sam had a little bit of eye candy too when we spotted a ferrari parked up.  We then took a stroll through Hyde Park and thankfully the sun was shining but it was too cold to have a nice sit down on the grass.  I even enjoyed the moments spent on the tube - great for staring at people people watching.  There was a lot of shopping and a lot of walking, but I wouldn't have changed any of my weekend and I would LOVE to go back some time.  It completely lived up to my expectations.  (Oh, and I bought a couple of blazers too!  That's two things crossed off my 30 before 30 list.)
post signature

3 comments:

  1. awesome photos! I want to visit London so badly! looks like you had a great time

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures !! Your hotel room looks fab', love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this city :D beautiful pictures! thanks for sharing

    xx, vonny
    joninel's blog

    ReplyDelete