11 March 2012

Dolce & Gabbana fall 2012


IMAGES via VOGUE.COM

So fashion month is over now (as is my overflowing Twitter timeline) but I am still thinking of this collection.  Dolce & Gabbana have been a favourite of mine ever since I became interested in runway collections, esecially after last autumn's collection with the famous star-printed pieces.  So this was the one I was most excited to see this fashion season, and it did not disappoint.  Full of beautiful, embelished dresses and luxurious materials, these clothes make me take a step back and look at my skinny-jeans-and-converse-filled wardrobe and think 'Ugh!  How boring!' 
The collection was inspired by Italy, which I thought was evident after the first few looks alone, with the lace and the gold embroidery, which I think is brilliant.  They're obviously proud of their Italian origins and what better way to show their love for their country than on the runway.  The clothes undoubtedly celebrate femininity, which is probably the exact kind of motivation I need to throw away my usual boydcon skirts and to wear skinny jeans a little less often.  My three words to describe this collection are 'innocent' (but still) 'sexy' and 'beautiful'.  In my opinions, they are only getting better with each season.
What do I want to be when I grow up?  Wearing Dolce & Gabbana, of course.
post signature

2 comments: