27 October 2012

Winter fashpiration - Balmain A/W '12

Pictures from Vogue.co.uk

I have said it before and I will happily say it again: Olivier Rousteing for Balmain is quickly becoming my favourite designer.  This was his second season designing for the label, and I loved pretty much all of his Spring '13 collection too.  Never before have I wanted to work a cool, rock n' roll edge to my outfits than I do after seeing these looks down the runway.  Was it all black and leather though?  Nope, not at all.  The luxe fabrics were embellished with more feminine touches, cue lots of pearls, jewels and gold.  I really like it when designers take something other than a trend to use for their inspiration, and this collection has lots of cultural references.
It's definitely got a 'effortlessly chic French woman' look about it, as in she hasn't had to do anything to her make-up or hair, she's gone out of the door in something high-fashion and yet is acting like it's not big deal at all.  The girl who every other girl looks at and thinks 'Shit, she's cool'.
Damn, I want to be a Balmain girl.
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Completely agree with you on this post, the collection is such a beautiful clash of androgyny, couture, different cultures and elegance. Olivier is becoming my favourite designer too! I'm so happy I just stumbled across your blog, I love it! Definitely following you now! Plus, I'm from Manchester too :D

    My blog: www.missifa.com

    ReplyDelete