28 July 2012

Peekaboo


Charcoal tiger tank top, red lace bra & black jersey skater skirt: TOPSHOP | Shoes: CONVERSE

The tiger top is back, baby.  Although it clearly wasn't exciting enough for me as I couldn't resist stretching the sleeve holes until I was blue in the face.  No regrets, though, as this outfit would have been bloody boring without the flash of bra from the side.  You know what they say - 'When in doubt, get your bra out'.  Well, they will say that from now on, anyway...  I bought the top a few months ago after seeing the print and wanting to buy it immediately.  Tigers are AWESOME, in fact one of my Pinterest boards named 'Other lovely things' actually contains 50% of pictures of tigers, ahem.  I thought I would team it with my plain black skater skirt.  It is an incredibly boring item, but that actually worked to my advantage today so the focus of the outfit would be the flashes of red (see: lipstck/bra/shoes).  It's easy to adapt this outfit for when it starts getting colder, too (i.e. tomorrow), which is always a bonus.  Just whack on a chunky cardigan and a pair of tights and wham bam thank you ma'am, you're done.
I don't know if you'll notice or not but I've had my hair done recently so there is no sign of rootage (finally) and I've gone quite a bit lighter.  I am really pleased with the result, and I feel much better wearing a simple outfit like a t-shirt and jeans because the hair alone makes a statement.  Looks damn good with some red lippy, too.  Win.
I also went to see 'The Dark Knight Rises' for the second time (which I never do) during the week  and it was still uh-maaazing.  I think I am going to see 'Ted' at some point next week which looks ridiculous, but fun.
Hope you have a nice weekend!  I think I'll just be spending mine watching my 'The Big Bang Theory' DVDs, so nothing too crazy...
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Definitely agree with 'if in doubt, get your bra out' LOL! Great outfit, love the matching lips, bra & shoes ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your style kitten, I so need to get a pair of red con's. Can't wait to see the Dark knight xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your top, and the pop of colour from the red bra :) x

    http://ohabbiee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit and how your bra matches your converse :)

    Jo. x

    ReplyDelete