23 July 2012

Daisy print

Daisy print dress & faux leather jacket: TOPSHOP | Shoes: CONVERSE

I had to return a dress from Topshop the other day because it had broken after only wearing it a few times, I had the option to get my cash back but since I would have probably definitely just spent it on Topshop again, I thought I might as well just trade it.  I didn't have to look around much as I already knew I wanted this dress after featuring it in my 'Wishful Wednesday' post last week.  I'm not usually one for buying dresses.  Don't get me wrong there's a lot of amazing ones and I have to tell myself over and over not to buy them, but once you've worn them once (and looked ridiculously good looking whilst doing so) there's not many other ways to wear them.  I thought of a number of ways to wear this dress, though, before buying it (does anybody else put so much thought into shopping?!) so in the end I decided to buy it.  It was £38 which is pretty expensive for a simple dress like this one (but that's Topshop for you!) but because it was an exchange I'm telling myself that it was practically free - hurrah!
Today I decided to toughen up the floral print with this trusty leather jacket and a pair of low-top Converse - an easy, reliable outfit which is great for simple days when you're just chillaxing.  I love the colour of the dress and think it goes great with black (which will be very helpful come winter) and I love how red looks against my hair colour.
Speaking of hair colour, I'm going to the hairdresser's tomorrow to get my hair a more whitey-blondey colour rather than, er, yellow, so hopefully I'll be pleased with the result.  I also went to see The Dark Knight Rises yesterday, I had very high expectations and the film still surpassed them.  It was everything I needed it to be and the cast was perfect.  I still can't get over it and I am probably seeing it again on Wednesday.  A great end to the trilogy but it's definitely a shame there won't be another.  Have you seen it?  I haven't seen one bad thing said about it yet!
post signature

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, i seriously want that dress!!
    xx

    www.ohabbiee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress, the colour suits you!

    http://riley-ellise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh such a pretty dress, the colour is gorgeous on you! i love it, and feel the need to own it.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is so so cute! I love it!
    See my blog: Chance to change

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit! I love the feminine dress with the converse trainers, it really works! :)

    Kirsti xx
    www.silentsweethearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete