20 February 2012

Marchesa fall 2012

PHOTOS FROM VOGUE.COM

I have discovered that I know when I am going to like a collection simply by seeing one of a collection's looks, if I don't like one then I won't like the rest.  Just like I was immediately attracted to Jason Wu's collection, this one drew me in straight away.  The colours are stunning, going in the completely different direction to the colours we, and lots of designers, associate with the autumn/winter seasons: blacks, greys, burgundies and so on, but who couldn't be immediately pulled out of their comfort zone to try something in white or silver after looking at this collection?  I am already there.  Where is there?  On some beautiful, heavenly place where glamourous women walk around in sheer, embellished evening gowns all day... Well, at least I'm there in my head.  I can't see myself wearing one of these amazing creations on a normal college day.  But if I was a celebrity who frequently attended awards shows and walked (gracefully, may I add) on the red carpet, this is the first place where I would look for a dress.  For the dress.  The one which will make everyone's head turn followed by a gasp.  The loose updos and the barely-there make-up instantly mirror the dresses, too.
Three words?  'Beautiful' (again), 'feminine' and 'otherwordly'.
Quite a contrast to the Jason Wu show which I loved, but an amazing collection of looks all the same.
What do you think of these looks?  Have they had a similar effect on you?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment